Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday, Decker!




Dogs have given us their absolute all.
We are the center of their universe.
We are the focus of their love
and faith and trust.

They serve us in return for scraps.
It is without a doubt the best deal
man has ever made.

~ Roger Caras

Today is Decker's 12th birthday!

Decker was born in Albuquerque, NM and was one of five puppies. The breeder gave all of the pups different colored collars so she could tell them apart, and Decker's was black. When it was time to name him, I knew that I wanted his call name to be Decker, and I stressed over his registered name. We finally settled on "MerryLegs Black and Decker."

A retired AKC Champion, Decker now leads the life of Riley at home with us. He's a little clown. I used to take him to the store with me on Saturdays because the ladies all loved him (and he knew it! Of course, I think he likes having me home full time now as he gets to help me post the blogs and bark at any leaf that blows by the window. Last year he noticed he needed glasses to read the fine print of the newspaper. Luckily, my husband's glasses fit him, so they share.

Decker's featured in all of the photos above, although Kasey, his little sister, is in two of them. She's on the right side in both photos.

Happy Birthday, Decker!

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Well I had to find my way to this fabulous tribute to Decker. Great collage on a very fine looking dog, fabulous words on dogs too.

Happy Birthday, Decker!

isa said...

What a cutie! He expression is so comical...but don't tell him I said that!
Hope his birthday was a blast! What did he get?

(PS If you're coming to FM this week-end, expect some rain - well, at least we hope so ;-)
Also, next week the temps will cool down to a high in the low 70's, which is fine with us us, but it will surely bum out our visitors)